Thanks for your interest in being part of the ASOY family. The working environment among our highly professional staff is congenial, the parent community is supportive of the school, and the climate in Yaounde is pleasant, with mild temperatures and low humidity. Learn more about life and work in Yaounde by reading our “New Teacher Guide“.
The benefits enjoyed by teachers recruited overseas include:
- competitive tax-free salary package;
- round trip air fare, from your ‘home of record’;
- annual trip home, during the summer;
- furnished housing and utilities;
- settling-in allowance;
- car loan;
- international health and evacuation insurance, including dependents;
- generous shipping allowance;
- a generous professional development program.
Teachers are required to have a bachelor’s degree with a certificate or license to teach. While at least two years of teaching experience is preferred, and some direct knowledge about living in Africa is helpful, candidates without experience will be considered. Initial contracts are 2-years and renewable.
If you are interested in the possibility of working at ASOY, please send your cover letter and resume to the school’s Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Furnished apartments are one of the amenities that come along with employment at ASOY and our expatriate faculty enjoy spacious three-bedroom apartments overlooking the golf course.